Monday, March 1, 2010

When I was at the college this past week taking my first Microbiology exam I asked a gal in the Welcome Center how many applications had been received for PVCC's nursing program. She said about 400! mercy. I think they are back up to 100 available spots this year (they reduced to 90 last year b/c of staffing/funding issues). The gal said that many applicants don't have the prerequisites, so the actual number of competitive applications is a good bit lower.

I'm in the midst of my last two prerequisites. I've heard that I'll at least get credit for having them "in progress" even though I don't have a grade to weight my application for them.

I was told that decisions would be sent out around April 15. That's 6.5 weeks.

My microbiology lab has quite a number of folks applying for PVCC's nursing program. At least we'll be finished with our labs before we find out. That could be pretty awkward. Well, actually I suppose anyone who is applying for the program may still have classroom contact with folks...but since all my classes are online this semester, the lab is the only interaction that I have with other applicants (kinda strange).

This week, microbiology is covering genetics in the cell. DNA, RNA...blah. blah. To gain further clarity of what's going on during DNA replication I went online...and of course YouTube is FULL of educational videos. Here are a few of my favorites.









Sometimes you need a little music to relax the brain. ha. Hope you enjoyed them and learned a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment