Monday, June 27, 2011

Keeping Busy

Yep, between my part-time job, going to chiro appts, working on stuff for my sister's wedding, going to gym,  doing a little gardening, reading for school (in advance of next semester) and spending time with friends, I've been keeping busy. My back has been doing much better these past few weeks, with ups/downs. My chiropractor is currently out of the country so I am "going without" for the next week and hope that I don't do anything stupid to it in the interim. Once in a while I'll feel a twinge, but all in all, much better.

Still trying to arrange for a visit to a local prison this summer (did I mention this before?) where I can see first hand how healthcare works in the prison. I've been in touch with a doctor who works a lot of hours there in the summer, but nothing has materialized yet. I'm patient, but my summer is zooming away quickly.

I had hoped to do some furniture refinishing this summer, but that's been put on hold because of my back. Definitely not important enough to risk muscle spasms.

One of my nursing school friends has invited me and the other woman in our summer study group to go to the beach in NC for a few days over the weekend after July 4 and stay at her dad's beach house. Would be really nice to get away - and there would be less expenses without having to pay for place to stay. Gas and food mainly.  I'd have to give up a week of my part-time job (she's flexible) and would need to consider how it would impact wedding planning as invites will probably need to be mailed out a few days after I'd get back. Hopefully it will all work out.

Well, that's all for now... gonna head to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment