Saturday, January 4, 2014

My First Gingerbread House

I've never before attempted a gingerbread house and last Christmas (2012) I was inspired by my friend Betty. She and her family have been making them for years! She told me to contact her the next November. So just before Thanksgiving of this year, Betty and her husband Bob taught me the basics of making a gingerbread house! She shared her recipes, books and provided lots and lots of tips and creative decorating ideas. Betty told me to keep track of the hours I spent on it... but I kept forgetting. It was a fun and creative and GREAT smelling project that I worked on from before Thanksgiving until the week before Christmas. I did get some decorating ideas from Pinterest, so this was also my December Pinterest Project.






Side/back view














Close up chimney. Used Trident Gum. 
View of side yard with firewood pile.

Close up of pile of firewood (cinnamon sticks).
Footprints in the snow from door to firewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment