Monday, March 17, 2014

MARCH: Chocolate-Peanut Butter Éclair Dessert

So in 2014, I decided to make one Pinterest Recipe per month. This month I am making Chocolate-Peanut Butter Éclair Dessert. What's different this time is that rather than finding the recipe on Pinterest first, I am adding it to Pinterest!  

One of my fellow nurses brought this in to work during Nurse's Appreciation Week last year. It was unbelievably good! You can't go wrong with PB and chocolate! I begged her for the recipe since I was unable to find one on Pinterest that I thought was close.

This is my first time making it. I am taking it to my small group Bible study tomorrow night because I'm afraid I'd eat it all myself.

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER ÉCLAIR DESSERT


Cool Whip forgotten in the photo.
INGREDIENTS:

1 box Graham Crackers (you'll use most of a box)
1 large box Vanilla Pudding (5.1 oz) prepared (with milk)
1 container Chocolate Frosting
½ cup Peanut Butter (add more for more flavor)
1 container original Cool Whip




DIRECTIONS:

  1. In food processor or mixer, mix together pudding (already prepared), cool whip and peanut butter.
  2. Place one layer of graham crackers on bottom and sides of 9x13 in baking dish.
  3. Pour 1/3 of the pudding-PB mix over crackers and spread evenly.
  4. Repeat layering of graham crackers and pudding mix with last layer being graham crackers (I had total 4 layers of graham crackers and 3 layers pudding mix).
  5. Heat icing container up in microwave for a few seconds until it is melted and pour over graham crackers. I did 15 sec x 3 times being careful not to burn it. I was able to pour directly out of the container over the crackers smoothing with a spatula.
  6. Place in fridge and allow to cool. Tends to taste better after several hours of chilling so that graham crackers have time to get soft.





3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites of my mom's, except we never put pb in it. I'm going to suggest it! She has another chocolate sauce that isn't quite as sweet as the icing and is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea-- you served yours once at a dinner or some function at your place. I LOVED it... you sent me a rough version of your mom's recipe, but I never tried to make it. But when I had the PB version last year, it was unbelievable! Heaven for us PB lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I don't remember that. There's a real version my grandmother used to make and now mom and then there's a quick, easy way. The pb is something I'm going to add in next time I make it! Actually I'm going to tell my mom to make it for my brother when she visits in a couple of weeks after he has a little surgery. It's his favorite dessert and he loves pb.

    ReplyDelete