Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The End (of the semester) Starts Here

Just finished my last clinical assignment of the semester: self -evaluation. I know I've been counting down clinical days all semester, but it's finally here. Tomorrow is our last clinical day of the semester! We're all bringing in breakfast foods and will share with the unit staff tomorrow as a 'thank you'.  Then we'll be on the floor for 3.5 hours, leaving about 11 AM. Then we're all headed to lunch together...which should be fun. Hopefully no major disasters in the morning to sober our celebrations! 

This Thursday and Friday are the last "new content" days of the semester in my lab skills and lecture classes. The timing of it all is really perfect, as this weekend I'm headed to Pittsburgh for a family wedding and since I will have entire week of Thanksgiving off (just the way my class schedule worked out), my family will end up staying an extra day or so and come back early next week. So nice not to have to worry about school stuff over the weekend or holiday week! (Some people DO have class on Monday--just NOT me!) However, I still have to go next Tuesday for my final clinical evaluation with my clinical instructor--but nothing really to prepare for that (that's what I'm turning in tomorrow).  

The Friday after Thanksgiving I will get trained for my seasonal job which will start the following Monday. Looks like I will work M/Tu for couple weeks while I finish up tests/exams in early December...but as soon as the semester ends I will work the early shift 3 days a week. Will be nice to earn a little extra cash to help pay for this upcoming trip to PA (hotel room), purchase C'mas gifts, buy much needed clothes, and throw a chunk back into my dwindling saving account!

I have already started my "to do" lists for my holiday break. I will have to be a bit more organized since I'm working, but this will be the longest break that I will have had since I started taking classes the summer of 2009. Last year I had 5-6 weeks off between semesters but I was still working full-time, so I really didn't get a break. But this time I will have 4 days off a week while I'm working and two full weeks off in January. And because I'm working the early shift, I will get all my evenings off (which tend to be my most productive hours anyways). I'll be staying in the area for C'mas--hanging out with my parents and two of my sisters, and then the rest of the family arrives for our main family event over New Years weekend. The homeowners will be home just before C'mas and we'll overlap some, especially the days I'm working, but we get along great. It's such a great arrangement. I might lose my room over New Years but since I'll be doing family celebrations at my parents, it won't really matter.

Well, off to gather my bits for clinical tomorrow. Cheers.







No comments:

Post a Comment