Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Resisting Temptation


Practicing drawing up meds tonight in anticipation of my skills test tomorrow. Now if only tomorrow, no bubbles would appear in my syringes. My fingernails are already mad at me. sigh.

Also, I swear it's pretty darn tempting to want to try to give myself a fake TB shot with sterile syringe and sterile water or normal saline. I really want to see if I can make that cool little bubble under the skin! But I won't. I'm smart that way. But it is tempting.

I love all the little bottles and "Demo Dose" supplies we got with our Pocket Nurse Totes that were required for skills lab. (We got WAY MORE than this!) Not that we (I) will open or use them all.

The little colored caps that come off the top of vials are particularly fun for me. You see, as a child, my mom would collect them where she worked as a nurse and then would bring them home. My mom used them as "tokens" for my younger sister and I. We'd earn them by practicing piano or doing some other dreaded activity...then we'd individually get to trade in a bunch of tokens for a prize or something that we had managed to beg my mom to buy at the store. So I anticipate that the cap of my very first injection will probably be saved for posterity's sake. Not sure what I will do with it though. I suppose I could collect a whole bunch and then make something out of them. LOL. Oh, yeh, no doubt I'm a nut. Certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment