Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of the Semester

The highlights:
  1.  Managed to get to my 7 AM aquatic class!
  2. Arrived 10 minutes early to Psych lecture.  Which means getting to gym and getting ready at gym is feasible (It's consider success if you remember your underclothes -- which I DID!)
  3. Did not flunk first reading quiz. Got 9/10. :D
  4. Watch a long-ish film in class on the history of psychiatric care in the US. Very interesting.
  5. Went to lunch with my best buds from nursing school.
  6. Ran errand to Wal-Mart and loaded up on toilet paper. I've been loading up on all important supplies...this was the last one.
  7. Came home to find out I had some how missed the 5.8 earthquake that hit no more than 35 miles from where I live. People in Ohio and South Carolina felt it... Me? um, no. But good news is that I have AMAZING shocks on my car. Since I didn't get to feel the "big one", I'm now contributing all rumbly noises to be aftershocks. Definitely.
  8. Pretty much wasted my entire afternoon watching Facebook explode about the earthquake while watching local TV coverage.
  9. Got GREAT news that we don't have to wear our smurf blue scrubs or lab coat for our Psych clinicals! Yes! So happy!
  10. Now I'm busy printing off Med-Surg clinical paperwork for tomorrow morning's orientation and wondering what Hurricane Irene will bring to Virginia this weekend. Will it be enough to cancel classes on Monday (which would cancel clinical)? Hmm?  Not going to count on it with Irene still way out to sea.
Next up tonight: 
  • Will review some dosage calculation problems and conversions. We've got THE big, scary dosage test tomorrow before our clinical orientation. You know, the one test that is not calculated into your course grade but has all the power to see you kicked out of nursing school if you score less than 90% (There are only 10 problems). 
  • Prepare bags/stuff for tomorrow. I have a whole system set up (my next post).
  • And perhaps some fun reading (since I'm obviously not going to tackle any school reading tonight).
Thankfully tomorrow is not a real clinical day. Otherwise I'd be going to bed at 8:30pm and getting up at 4:15/4:30am. THAT starts next week. :(

Oooh! literally as I was about to post, we had an honest to goodness aftershock. Initial report is that it was a 4.2 . . . (yay!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment