Monday, August 27, 2012

RN Orientation: Week Five

Well, I failed to update as promised, but that's because as soon as my work week was over, I headed out of town! So I'm going to skip my Week Five update, because there's really nothing new to mention. Just continued to care for patients with my preceptor.

Thursday I drove up to Northern Virginia to joined my sister, my niece and some of her friends for a Kelly Clarkson concert that night. On Friday, I caught up with an old friend from C'ville and her VERY cute six month old baby boy! After that, I headed over to the highschool where my sister teaches and helped her get her classroom and other misc. things ready for the start of school (today). From there I went and had dinner with a blind date which we both discovered right away was not a good match. I ended up staying another night with my sister and helped her out again in her classroom on Saturday morning and then joined my sister to go watch my niece play in a travel soccer tourney (first of the season) in Germantown, MD. After dinner I made the trek back to C'ville. Whew! Full but great few days with my sister.

Next weekend my mom's family is having a reunion of sorts to commemorate what would have been my Grammy's 100th birthday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, especially my sisters and my cousins who I don't get to see that often.

For the past four years I've been fortunate enough to be house-sitting and not paying rent or a mortgage --just utilities. This was so perfect for when I was fresh home from Liberia with no idea as to what to do next (work-wise). And then for the past two years I've been able to go to nursing school without having to worry much about my finances. If it wasn't for this house-sitting gig, I never would have considered going back to school. The original thought was that the homeowners would be gone five years, then possibly a sixth year, but last week they called and said that he is switching positions and they'll be returning to to C'ville next month. So now I am busy making lists and exploring housing options. Thankfully they are not pushing me out and I can take my time to find my next place-- even if it takes a couple months to find.

I'd love to find a place close to work, but it also needs to be inexpensive and somewhere quiet where I can easily sleep during the day (when I move to night shift). I totally expected that I'd be making transition to night shift while living where I am currently where I don't have to deal with roommates or loud neighbors. I really need to stay away from student housing/apartments as they come and go all day long. I also need to avoid basement apartments--unless the person(s) upstairs work day shift AWAY from home. The Lord has provided abundantly for me with my current housing and I can only believe and trust He has a good plan for me. The timing is amazing (done with school and I have a job!).  I'm excited and hopeful that my next home will be beyond what I could ask for or imagine!  I have my wish list that I'm praying about.


No comments:

Post a Comment