Monday, August 9, 2010

Preparing for Semester Two

Grades are back and I am grateful to have managed an A in the Dosage Calculations class. There was no certainty about it--as we left our last class with only one known grade (which for me was a B on our first quiz). So I was pretty giddy when grades were posted this past week).  So...another 4.0 semester. Yay!

I attended and passed the CPR certification (for healthcare professionals) this past Saturday. So I've FINALLY jumped through all the hoops of the initial stuff. Please do not stop breathing. That would not be good.

Fall semester (Semester 2) starts the week of August 23rd, with my first class on August 26th. I still need to buy textbooks and the "nurse in a bag" thing with all our supplies for the semester. Feeling oh-so grateful for my scholarship!! Still need to buy petite uniform trousers and sew on patch to the top. My to-do list is a mile long. The first thing on my schedule (the day after my last day of work on Wednesday) is a Dentist appointment...next thing is to get my car to the mechanic (exhaust issue, idle issue, oil change, state inspection...). Nothing urgent...just ideal time to do it. I also need to go shopping to pick up some "business casual" clothing items for the fall semester. My closet it rather bare--as it's currently more casual and less business...but then again, it IS SUMMER! And I'll also need to be enrolling in health insurance (I'm looking at doing it through the National Student Nurses' Association--accessible via www.studentinsuranceusa.com). I'll also probably be obtaining liability insurance through NSNA too.

My last day of work is Wednesday of this week. I have a friend who has invited me to dinner on Wednesday night--so it's a GREAT excuse to not work late my last night (& to celebrate a little). It's going to be a crazy week. I feel for the new hire--just too much to absorb. He'll do great--he just needs to get to know people and get a few Sundays under his belt. God is good.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment