Thursday, February 24, 2011

Four More?

I think it's possible that I only have 4 more WCP's left to do this semester. Woot! The hospital where I have my clinicals is doing their big electronic records switchover in March, so the week that it goes live, our clinical instructors have decided that we need to be "out of the way" as much as possible as the nursing staff will have an added stress of the new software. So they've told us...no care plans that week, no patient care...so as I understand it we'll be doing our big health history and head to toe assessment that week. It's only supposed to take us one shift to complete it, so not sure what we'll do with our other clinical day. Hopefully they won't cancel and then make us make it up in April. We already have one clinical day to make up in April since our clinical instructors had to go for intensive training on the new software earlier this semester.  We're not sure when we, the students, will get our software training, but probably after spring break--which means another clinical day not doing patient care. huh. At least it's not up to me to figure it out. Our program has to abide by what the Virginia State Board of Nursing requires of our program. So it will all work out.

But it's hard to believe that Spring Break is just two weeks away! I have no plans at this point. I hope it's on the warm side. Maybe I'll get out and rescue my plants outside and get some planting done. Although by then my allergies will probably be in full swing. Last year was awful. I think I figured out that it's the pine trees that I'm surrounded by. Good reminder to start up my Allegra now and make sure it's at peak levels when peak pine hits.  I have a couple other things that need to be done--oil change, interior car cleaning, VA taxes, and some other misc. things. Nothing too terribly fun planned at this point. I'll probably have some catch up reading to do for school. All my friends will be working that week, so maybe I'll just make evening/weekend plans and save my days for errands and projects...maybe throw in a lunch with friends too. Hmm? 

Later,
Joy






No comments:

Post a Comment