Friday, February 25, 2011

WARNING: This is a Poopy Post

You know you are in the right field when at the end of the day you are psyched because your complete bedrest patient pooped! I know, I know. ;D   BUT, when your patient hasn't had a bowel movement in two weeks, it's a pretty big deal! And folks, it's not like I enjoy assisting with the bedpan and such, but it feels good to be part of helping my patient be successful--even with pooping! And my co-assigned nurse actually said to me at the end of the day, "Good job today, I think you being there for her today really helped her overcome her fears and enabled her to go".  Awww!  hahah.

Also, she's young...and has been away from the comforts of home and away from her friends for over two weeks, so I knew she needed some encouragement and to laugh a little--even if she was laughing at me. I didn't care. She needed a good day. And I think that while she wouldn't admit to being excited about pooping-- it was a big accomplishment for a bedrest patient and I know she's relieved that they won't have to do an enema tonight.

Later,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment