Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good Start So Far...

Well, this week has started of pretty well.
  • Took my first lecture exam for NUR 112 (50 multiple choice questions) and got an 88. Which is very consistent with how I performed last semester. I was so relieved! 
  • Got my second SATISFACTORY on my Working Care Plans. Two for two. Feels good. Now pressure is off a bit. We still have to evaluate our interventions/treatment/care and drugs we administer...but they won't be "grading it".
  • Today is Tuesday, so that means I spend all day/night creating a Working Care Plan for my assigned patient on Wednesday. I started at 12:30pm and finished up at 8pm. Last week I finished up at midnight, so this is a vast improvement. Large part had to deal with only a few new meds (and much fewer!)...plus I think I'm just getting hang of it.
Still wondering/considering what I should do to occupy my time this summer. I've thought about shadowing opportunities, with local hospice & jail. Maybe also ask to shadow in the embalming room at local funeral home (if its even permitted). I'd love to get connected with group in Haiti or somewhere where I can get loads experience with inserting IVs and so forth.  I think opportunities for paid employment are going to be few and far between since I'd only be available for 3 months. Maybe I can get some pet-sitting jobs. Would be nice to earn something, but at the same time, I know that I will be glad NOT to have a heavy committment. 20 hours a week would be nice. Would be nice to get in nursing experience and make money, but that's not likely since I'm not licensed to do anything (even CNA work).  I'll just keep praying for wisdom, direction and for the Lord to provide for my needs. I'm okay financially if there are no emergencies or big auto repairs and if I don't take any big trips to Haiti! ha! 

Until Later,
Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment