Thursday, January 19, 2012

16 Weeks from Tomorrow I'll Be GRADUATING!!!!

Well, here I am, the night before the start of my LAST semester. I've made my packing lists for tomorrow (food, gym stuff, school stuff) and packed about 50% of that. Still need to print out syllabi and calendars for all three classes, as well as some of the study guides. I had hopes of having read ALL the material for tomorrow's classes. Nope. Not even 10%. Working every day this week kinda put a kink in that plan. So I'm going to at least skim through every page yet tonight. Oh, and since I need to leave the house by 7 am, I probably need to be up by 5:45am. Ugh. So I've told myself that I should go to bed at 9:30pm so that I can get eight hours in for my first day of the semester. Um, just looked at the clock and it's 9:15. Lovely. Maybe I should go to bed now and get up and start skimming. Oh, Scooby-Do...I still have to print. Okay, so NOT a great start to the semester. :(

So what have I been doing this evening when I've got all that reading to do? Okay, so last night I made up the new batch of butternut squash soup (=4 butternut squashes) sans the oregano and am now in the process of combining the new stuff with the over-seasoned stuff that I made back in December (I froze it so I could deal with it later). And now I'm having to keep a close watch as it heats up. After all the work, I don't want it to scorch on the bottom of the pan. The soup is THICK and so it takes a LOT of work (force) for a heat bubble to rise to the top.  It may taste fine...it still LOOKS like it's over-spiced.  I went back and checked the recipe and I think rather than 1/2 tsp of oregano, I put 1 TABLESPOON!  Yes, that's six times what it should have been! Ack! I'm going to have to try a sample bowl here shortly to determine if I've remedied it or if it's still over-spiced. Hopefully it's going to be edible. I probably should have waited until the weekend or at least tomorrow evening to mess with this. But alas it's done (I hope). And I can catch up on school stuff this weekend.

I'm actually really excited for the semester to start. To return to a routine/schedule that is predictable for the long-term. It's been good to earn money over the holidays, but I have not been consistent at the gym since before Thanksgiving. I had pushed my body pretty hard this fall, with some results, but not great results. I'm not sure I had hit a plateau last semester, but I think I might have been coming close. So I'm hoping this extended break has reset my body's memory and that my body will be ready again for weight loss mode. I know I'm ready! I'd love to drop 20-25 lb this semester (16 weeks until graduation!!!). It's definitely within the safe range of 1-2 lbs per week. This semester's schedule doesn't provide for a nice MWF/TuTh type of workout schedule, so I'm still trying to figure it out. BUT my gym bag is packed and I'm heading to the gym after classes tomorrow! Yay me!

Well, seeing that I have about ten chapters to read (um, skim) tonight and about 50 pages to print, I'd better hang this up now.

Until later...
Joy

Okay, so I tasted the soup. Not bad. Yay! I was definitely not excited about the prospect of chopping up several more squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment