Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tempting

So tempted to let myself feel overwhelmed. I was a bit overwhelmed at the start of last semester, but I didn't let myself give in to it.  I took it one day at a time. I think I'll go with that again!

Clinical orientations are next week and I think that will help to calm some of the anxiety. Or else it might make it worse. Right now I'm busy merging the calendars/schedules for my three classes into one. WHY would I want three separate calendars? Anyways, I'm just seeing all the clinical days, assignments, due dates, quizzes and tests and think, "How and when am I going to get it all done and not forget or miss something?" 

Today I did myself a huge favor. Our Nursing Dimensions course (1 credit hybrid class) has articles and chapter readings that we either have to submit an assignment or post something on the discussion board. So today, while I was working at the older gentleman's house, I was able to find and save the articles and readings to my computer as well as go ahead and get my references into APA format (that always seems to take me forever). And then tonight I printed the articles so that I can carry them with me to read and make comments on when I'm out and have a few minutes to spare between activities or classes. I'd LOVE to work ahead on these assignments and get them posted/submitted so that I can focus on my other two classes. Now would be the time before clinicals kick in to full gear!

I'm also going to try to work ahead on my 50-some medications for my OB clinical. At the start of each intra-rotation (Labor & Delivery, Postpartum and Nursery) we have to write-up the meds that are used in that rotation. I'm glad we don't have the typical clinical prep for OB.

Well, it's tempting to want to stay up and write more...but I need to get to bed. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment