Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spinning

My head is spinning with thoughts that are going in about a dozen directions!

Here's just a sample:

  • Starting three new classes: Pediatrics, Labor/Delivery and Nursing Dimensions
  • Course assignments and study guides already posted in all their tree-killing glory!
  • Clinical expectations - working with new populations of children, infants, their mothers and families.
  • Grad School - to apply or not apply right now; where to apply; deadlines!
  • Resume updating and applying for jobs.
  • Graduation checklist.
  • Calender that is being pushed to the limits with course work deadlines, tests, quizzes, part-time job(s), etc..
  • Chicken marinating that must get cooked, chopped and portioned out and frozen.
  • Butternut soup that got triple or quadruple-seasoned with oregano that needs more butternut puree added to remedy it so that it can be portioned out.
  • Pre-cooked and pre-measured ingredients for Turkey Chili (three batches worth) waiting to be assembled, cooked and portioned out.
  • Two heads of lettuce that need to be washed, ripped up and portioned out for salads.
  • Three baskets of laundry that need to be put away.
  • Plants that need some TLC and new plants purchased/planted.
  • Get caught up on six episodes of TV shows, in addition to a whole first season of another TV show that I just discovered.

If anyone would like to send over a personal assistant, chef and/or housekeeper, I'd be very grateful! Or flowers. Flowers would be nice.

Potentially good news: on Monday, I'm briefly meeting with someone who is probably going to strongly suggest that I consider a graduate level nursing degree program at the local university. From what I've gathered over the past week (of working with her on a project) is that she is a much-loved, heavily-awarded faculty member in the school of nursing. When she approached me today about wanting to talk to me about my future plans, I think she told me that she mentioned me to the head of the graduate program after talking to one of the coordinators for the project we just finished today. This person may very well have significant influence when it comes to applications for the program. Finances were the primary reason for me choosing not to attend nursing school at this university ($40K vs. <$10K--I SERIOUSLY do not have any interest in taking on debt!!!), but I would seriously consider this program if they could workout significant financial assistance for school expenses AND if my participation in the graduate program could also positively influence my job applications! It really was very affirming to be told that I had made a positive impression on her (still not sure how that is), enough to warrant her to go ahead and speak to the head of the program about me (without my knowledge). So very affirming.

No comments:

Post a Comment