Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Footwear

So... I have been looking for some nursing shoes. Something that will be both functional and also reflect my personality. The other day I was inspired to look for plaid clogs. Why? Because plaid is my favorite color!!!  (Yes, you could argue that plaid is not a color, but for me it is. I don't have a favorite color...and who says they have a favorite print?)  My favorite plaids are tartans, specifically:'

Royal Stewart Tartan Plaid
Dress Stewart Tartan Plaid

Black Watch Tartan Plaid












So I start looking around for plaid clogs. This is what I found:


Perfect, except that I really want my heel covered.





Too cute, but since they are fabric they would absorb bodily fluids. Also I think my feet would kill me before my 12 hour shift is up. Oh so cute. Maybe I should get them for every day use?



At some point I bumped into the idea of handpainted clogs. And these "argyle" ones are the closest I've come to plaid. But at $219 they are way out of my price range.

I even posted on Facebook my disappointment in lack of plaid footwear for nurses and the mom of a childhood friend mentioned that her son (my childhood friend) airbrushes all sorts of things and is quite talented. But plaid is plaid and I'm not sure you can airbrush plaid effectively. Sigh. And I'm not sure I'd have the courage to buy expensive red patent leather Dansko clogs and paint my own. I know I'd end up hating them.

So I think my dream of plaid nursing footwear is kaput unless I find someone in Scotland who could locate a pair -- but the whole "buy without trying on" freaks me out--especially if I'm also looking for comfort. I don't need a $150 pair of uncomfortable shoes.

Today I strolled into the local high-end shoe store that sells Danskos. And I fell in love with their 20th anniversary clog.

Dankso 20th Anniversary clog
20th Anniversary shoe artwork












I LOVE the script, the words (very appropriate for nursing), the color -- EVERYTHING. But alas, a limited edition means just that. I'm late discovering these awesome shoes. The only size I can find online (including e-bay) and local stores is a size 37. I need a 39. Ack!

So back to the drawing board!

May be I should write to Dansko and suggest they add a tartan plaid to their shoe designs. It would be a BIG seller!   If anyone has any ideas for where to find plaid clogs, please drop me a comment!

Another thought crossed my mind... what if I ONLY owned and wore plaid scrub tops? I'd FOR SURE become known as the plaid nurse!!  There's no flying under the radar for this girl! haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment