Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Shift Work

Since it looks like I will be working the night shift once I get off orientation, I have been doing a little research trying to collect info, strategies and tips for working nights. I've been adding some links regarding working night shift to the "NEW NURSE LINKS" on the side bar - mostly for me to go back and read.

My hospital organizes a couple mini-retreats for new grads throughout our first year of nursing. My understanding is that one the topics at the retreats is sleep and/or night shift issues! Obviously the nursing admin is interested in patient safety issues and want to address issues that affect job satisfaction, but they also want to keep us medically and mentally healthy too. I'm nervous about the health aspects, but also about effect it will have on my social life. Is this going to be one more obstacle to dating? 


No comments:

Post a Comment