Monday, May 2, 2011

Amberjack Is A Success!

Almost missed the UPS delivery of my Amberjack mosquito tent this evening. If I hadn't heard him drive up my street and been waiting for him at the end of my driveway, he probably would have kept driving! Apparently he couldn't find the house, even though the number is CLEARLY on the mailbox. He had given up looking for the house when he drove by (leaving) and saw me and looked at the mailbox. Something to do with our street not following odd/even numbers. Whatever...I got the tent!

PROS: It will fit in my carry-on luggage. My twinsize air mattress fits inside easily. Good price.

CONS: It's a bit more complicated to set up than the SansBug which virtually took 2 seconds (go back and look at the video I posted). The Amberjack is a lot like a regular tent and requires manhandling the shock-corded poles. And really, when was the last time you set up a regular tent in your living room? Yeesh! Those poles are kinda wicked. I think I'm going to suggest that once we arrive in Haiti, we need to set up our tents one at a time or help each other--otherwise we're going to make enemies fast by poking eyes out.

So tonight I'll be sleeping inside the tent. Tomorrow I'll take it outside and treat it with permethrin (mosquito killer) and let it air out before I pack it.

No comments:

Post a Comment