Thursday, May 5, 2011

Can't remember the last time I felt really icky...

Wow, I feel icky. Not exactly nauseous, but a vague discomfort in my upper abdomen and a not-quite headache. And kinda sorta, but not really, clammy or diaphoretic yet (low blood sugar?). Yesterday I switched to taking off-brand Excedrine (aspirin, caffeine, acetaminophen) for my pain--just to see if it would be better than the ibuprofen. I felt fine all day and then last night as I was studying (after 11pm), this general icky feeling came on. I went to bed about 2am after eating a dozen saltine crackers (hoping maybe I was just hungry). But I woke up with same feeling. Pain med should be long gone from my stomach by now. Hmm? Maybe I've finally done it. Maybe I've finally taken enough ibuprofen/aspirin in the last two weeks to give myself an ulcer? Lovely. Well, I guess I'll go try to hunt down some antacids and see if that makes any improvement. And no, I'm not pregnant. No chance of that. Abdominal aneurysm cross my mind but--that's only because I'm a nursing student and prone to think of all the worse-case scenarios!

I'm planning to take my LAST final exam this morning--so this is not boding well for a great performance (and I was going to get up and study a bit more this morning). *sigh*  Plus after my exam, I'm supposed to be heading off to be a standardized patient for 4 hours this afternoon. But my biggest concern is, HOW LONG is this ickyness going to hang around? My biggest concern is that I'm flying out for Haiti this weekend!

Well, I best go and pull myself together: Wash face, eat breakfast, find antacid and do quick review of the notes I didn't get to look at last night. Heck, maybe it's just gas?  :/

Hopefully a better report later.

No comments:

Post a Comment