Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not in Charge

One thing about being jammed up right before leaving for Haiti, is that I am completely relying on my team leaders to figure everything out for the team. Every other time I've been on an international mission trip, I have had some sort of team leadership/administration function (Ireland and Liberia x3).

This morning I finally was looking online to see recommendations for arrival time at airport. Dulles suggests three hours for international flights, which means I need to get to leave 3-ish to get to airport for my 6am flight! Yeesh! Thankfully my sister lives only 20 minutes from the airport. However, American Airlines again suggests three hours when departing from Port-au-Prince.  So our flight is at 9ish Saturday morning. So that means getting to the airport about 6ish. Well that's all fine and dandy except we are staying in Gonavies, which I think is a 3 hour drive from PaP!  So again, it seems that I'll be headed to airport at 3AM. I'm so glad someone else is worrying about this. 

So yesterday my back felt a bit better for having gone off Allegra. But this morning I woke up and my back was BURNING!  I'm really puzzled. Does it really take several days for Allegra to leave the body, or are my nerves really just this irritated?  I have not been able to get the pain under control today with ibuprofen or Excedrine.  Last night, like the past week and a half, I have slept on my air mattress --the one going with me to Haiti. But last night I took the mattress downstairs and slept on it IN the mosquito tent. I was too tired to go upstairs to get a legitimate blanket and just grabbed a fuzzy warm lap/throw blanket. I was COLD all night long. So I'm guessing, that in the midst of trying to stay warm, I probably did not have very good sleeping posture/alignment.  So it's hard to say what exactly exacerbated things. *sigh*  And tonight I'm planning to sleep on my regular mattress/bed while my mosquito net airs out (from Permethrin treatment), so again I'm adding another "change" into the mix. This is just really frustrating. So glad to be going to chiropractor tomorrow to get stretch out again.

Okay, so I'm glad I'm not in charge of Haiti trip details...but I sure wish I could do something about my back issue. Mercy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment