Monday, February 27, 2012

Bullets

Not feeling all that creative, and not really in the mood to write a post that is coherent and flows. So I will go with bullets.
  • 100% on my first OB test. I was shocked. Still am. At the time, I did not consider it my best study attempt. Yet after taking the test and getting the grade I got, I have to figure that I somehow managed to study all the right things AND make some good guesses.
  • I've seen two births now in OB. Amazing. One patient was very noisy in her pushing. The other was absolutely silent.
  • Tonight I was in postpartum and was paired up with a nurse who I know through church. That was cool. 
  • Loving OB/maternity rotation for the most part. Too bad I can't get a job in OB right out of school-- most hospitals require at least one year of med-surg experience first. Makes sense, of course.
  • Looks like I'm going to the beach for spring break! Definitely looking forward to getting AWAY!
  • Last week was much better than the previous two weeks. I have a test the end of next week (right before spring break)--so things will be a little crazy there for a while...but then spring break happens...THEN another test. Hoping I do as well on these next tests as I did on the first ones.
  • I'm also working to put together an event for our chapter of NSNA later in March with similar events in April/May. The idea for these events was firmly planted in my heart and soul during my first year of nursing school. So glad to be able to have the opportunity to see it happen! Was able to do some basic planning/brainstorming done over the weekend...but still much left to be done/coordinated.
Tomorrow is clinical prep day. We got out a little early from OB tonight since there wasn't much going on in any of the units, so I was able to get over and get patient clinical info at a decent hour. Last week I managed to get my care plans and paperwork done by 8:30pm (starting in the morning). But just as I was finishing, my clinical instructor called to cancel clinical. All that work!!!  This week, myself and another student are assigned to the same patient. But I noticed that on our clinical day, our patient is scheduled for a morning appointment at the main hospital. So we'll be working hard to get all of our care and interventions done within an hour and a half. Sigh. Chances are pretty good that our instructor (or rather the student leader for the day) will reassign us to work with other students and their patients. But flexibility is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment