Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sometimes You Just Have to Call it a Day

Last night I was facing a long evening of homework, but after a long clinical day and only two hours of sleep the night before, I was feeling pretty miserable. All I wanted to do was to go to bed. I realized it was going to be a terribly unproductive evening with me nodding off between sentences. So I sat down and calculated the number of hours left until 8am this morning. I could either unproductively study all evening and then go to bed for eight hours and then get up and go to work, OR I could go directly to bed and sleep for eight hours and then get up at one o'clock in the morning and get my work done after a solid night's sleep. I'm no fool. I called it a day at five in the evening and set my alarm for one in the morning. My big fear was that I'd sleep through until morning and completely lose all my study time.

I woke up with my alarm. But then I woke up again at three. Obviously I ignored my alarm, but after ten hours of sleep, my body was okay with getting up- even if it was three o'clock. And I was able to quickly pound out my evals and read most of the assigned chapter for the online quiz due today. I made a good decision! I'm at work now and not feeling any effects (yet) of an very early morning, I am expecting that around dinner time I'm probably going to crash again. BUT I can't really do that since I've got a test first thing in the morning. I could go with the same sleep pattern, but I don't want to completely wreak my sleep habits. So the plan now is to go home after work, eat and catch a 30 minute nap before attempting to study for my test. Things are quiet here at work, so I'm also getting some good studying in. 

I will be so glad for the weekend, although I won't be sleeping in on Saturday unfortunately. I'm doing "FitCamp" starting this Saturday morning at the gym. It runs six out of the next nine days. Hopefully I'll have the stamina (and washing machine) to manage all those workouts next week with my already crazy life schedule. I'm sure I'm going to be SORE too as we'll be doing workouts that I haven't done in a LONG time. I can do cardio and pool all day long, but they'll have us doing all sorts of things for these hour-long sessions. It will be fun and I'll get to meet new people- always a good thing. I'll probably give myself permission to miss one of the workouts, but hope that I'll make them all.

Well, back to studying! :D  Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment