Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hanging in...

I need to mention the other mini-dramas that I've had in the past 8 days.
  • W2/8: locked keys in car at clinical site - had to call tow afterwards; it was cold/rainy day
  • F2/10: previously mentioned test grade fiasco
  • M 2/13: witnessed my first birth in L&D clinical; was holding the momma's leg. Great view ;P
  • Tu 2/14: peds clinical prep day: lost half day of prep due to 1) going to campus to get previous week's clinical paperwork and going over it with instructor and 2) washer stopped agitating and spinning = soggy scrubs to deal with (thank goodness dryer still works!) Don't get to bed until after 2am. Morning comes early.
  • W2/15 (today) up early for clinical on 2 hours of sleep. My car starts but doesn't want to come out of Park. Thankfully I've seen this before and know what to do (turn off car, place keys in key hole on gear shift, shifts to neutral and then starts car again). 
Craziness for rest of week:
  • Tonight: 2 evals for today's clinical (due tomorrow while I'm at work) and read Cardiac chapter for peds quiz (due tomorrow while I'm at work)
  • Tomorrow: work all day, study for OB test on Friday.
This semester I'm an officer in our school's chapter of the NSNA (we are trying to start the group back up from scratch) and we have an event on Monday. I'm also trying to work for both my part-time jobs. I haven't seen the gym in over a week. Haven't started job applications yet (boo!!!) And heaven-forbid, my favorite TV shows are stacking up!  And I am down to my last 7 bowls of turkey chili soup. Things are going to start getting ugly as all I want to do is VEG OUT and do nothing.  This nursing student needs a personal assistant and cook.

Only 85 days left until pinning/graduation. The end is near. I'm hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment