Friday, April 30, 2010

Nursing School starts in 24 Days!

24 days until my first nursing class starts! ...but I've got to remain focused on microbiology for another 10 days. I have an exam this Monday on Infectious Diseases (including STIs) and then my comprehensive exam must be taken on/before May 8th (my birthday). So I'm feeling a lot of pressure, but not a lot of motivation. I'm sooooo ready for a break...even if it's only for two weeks. I wish I could quit work now, but I need the money and the insurance through the summer. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to cut back work hours this summer to make room for being on campus, which will be hard financially, but also because I need to start spending more and more time preparing to pass things off to my replacement.

I'm mostly through with the list of things to do. Gotta get my TB test checked tomorrow and get paperwork from my PCP turned in. Scheduled to take CPR class in early June. I've ordered all the text books and they'll be arriving in the next week. Still waiting to hear back about scholarships and if I'll have any help financially in that regard. That would be huge relief.

Good news! I have made plans to travel May 13-17 and go visit my sister and her family in Ohio. I need the break! Classes start back May 24th --so I gotta rest and build some excitement and enthusiasm for summer classes. I'm hoping to track down a "surviving nursing school" book that I've heard about. The trip is 8 hours and I'm hoping my parents do the bulk of the driving so I can rest and read.

May 10th is my goal to start back running. As a nurse I gotta practice what I preach, right? So I have some fitness/weight-loss goals for the summer and for fall semester. I also know the running will help with stress relief too. I just wish I had someone in my neighborhood to run with! Maybe I'll find someone in the nursing program who lives near me...or who would be interested in running the Monticello trail on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons after our summer Health Assessment class.

I also need to cook up a storm and get some food (soups) put in the freezer. It's just so easy to stop and get Panera or Chipotle if I know I have nothing in the refrigerator. I won't be able to afford eating out financially, and of course to lose weight I gotta start cutting calories and quantity. So back to the kitchen it is!

Until next time...

P.S. The nursing program opened another section of the Dosage Calculations class and I was able to register for it. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment