Monday, April 26, 2010

Registered for My First NURSING courses!

This morning was the first day that we could register for Summer Nursing Courses. I was able to register for the Intro to Nursing course and the Health Assessment sections that I wanted. Unfortunately, the Drug Dosage Calculation class was full. There was only one section offered. Maybe they'll open another.

I'm headed over the campus this morning to pick up a Drug Screen document, so I will try to connect with my nursing advisor assigned to me and to ask about the Dosage class and see if I can be put on a wait-list or something. If that doesn't work and they don't open another section, I will probably contact the instructor for copy of her syllabus so that I can just work through the text myself. Two days ago, I ordered all the textbooks for all three classes (premature-maybe, but I knew I'd need them eventually!) which includes the text for the Dosage class. So at the very least, I can start working through the book on my own. Maybe there are others who couldn't get in and we could form a study group of sorts. The school did provide a sheet of dosage "problems" for us to review to see if we wanted/needed the course, so at least I have an idea of the kinds of questions. Might need to get some tutoring from my Math Teacher sister on word problems. :)

Afterthought:  As an explanation, the dosage class is not required for the program. It's a 1 credit class offered for the last five weeks of the summer. I've been told by a current student in the program that every semester they give you a drug dosage quiz/test which you MUST pass or be kicked out of the program (even first semester!) Which is probably why everyone is eager to take the class. Gotta brush up on those math skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment