Monday, April 26, 2010

Student Life...there are benefits.

It's always nice to have friends in high places. A friend from church, who traveled with me to Liberia one summer, works at the college in the Student Activities department. I bumped into him this afternoon and he gave me a lot of good information including: there is a Nursing Christian Fellowship and there is a Fitness Room that is open to all students (and faculty/staff). It's equipped with cardio and weight machines and free weights. There are locker rooms/showers too. The fitness room isn't always available b/c scheduled classes have priority. But it's better than nothing and doesn't cost me anything extra (or rather, I am paying for it in my tuition fees). I'll be setting some personal health goals to achieve during nursing school and so it will be nice to have access to this room during the week. I won't be able to take advantage of it during this coming summer semester simply because I'll be working when I'm not in school.

Got a Student parking sticker. I was SHOCKED that they are free. They were NOT free when I went to college umpteen years ago. But again, I guess it's part of my tuition fees. :)   No more parking in the visitor lot, I guess. Being an online student has had its perks--no need for parking! Ha. Well, now I'll get my exercise walking from the student lots.

Next I'll be getting a student ID made. Wonder if that will get me discounts at the grocery store??? I can hope.

Wow, I really am feeling like a co-ed again. Although today, reality struck. I am going to be the "older student" in the classroom. Yeh, probably there will be students older than I am, but I realized that the majority will likely be younger than me. I will just have to start praying for good friendships to develop within the nursing program--we will definitely be needing friends who know what we are going through.

Enough for now. I gotta go crack my last Unit of microbiology. Woot.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about grocery store, but it's sure to get you a discount at movie theaters, right?

    ReplyDelete