Friday, October 15, 2010

Half-Way!

Hard to believe we're half-way through the semester! Yay!  And I've only got five more clinical days left! Instead of feeling panicked about what I will experience at clinical, now I'm a bit anxious about what I won't get to see/experience this semester. Funny how that is. I really would like the chance to insert a catheter, NG tube, administer an enema--uh, no, not all on the same patient-yikes!  It's really the luck of the draw what patient I am assigned to and what they are ordered on the day that I'm there.

Monday/Tuesday of next week are Fall Break, but for me, it's like any other week since my classes are Wed-Friday. So no break for me...I still have to prepare for my classes next week. We've got our 2nd lecture test coming up two weeks from today, so things will be getting K.E.R.A.Z.I.E. again. sigh. 

We'll have our last clinical day mid-November--the week before Thanksgiving,. After that all I have left is the 4th skills lab test and our 3rd lecture test...and then final on Dec. 10th.  My cousin's wedding is the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I'm very grateful for the chance to just chill out with my family that weekend and for the week of Thanksgiving and not have school stuff hanging over my head. I'll have plenty of time to study for my tests. School stuff will be finished by December and then five lovely weeks of break! Ahhhh!

All I can say is so-far so good. So far my feeling is that is the material isn't all that hard to understand. It's that we are rushing through it so fast. Kinda afraid it's gonna leak out of my brain before I have a chance to use it. I think by far the most challenging is just keeping up with all the readings and clinical assignments. 

I took the afternoon off to give my brain a break-- but I expect I'll be spending all day tomorrow working on care plans and if time, I'll start reading for classes next week. Sigh. No rest for the weary.



No comments:

Post a Comment