Friday, May 4, 2012

Done. Done. Done.

I am officially done with nursing school!! 





After 710 days, there is nothing left to do but show up to rehearsal and pinning next week. Wow!


Took my Peds final this afternoon. Think I did well. I figured out that I could miss up to 17 questions and still pull an A in the class, and I'm pretty optimistic that I got an A on the exam. We won't know until next Wednesday (!) because the evening/weekend students still haven't taken their exam. So we wait. But really, what's done is done.

So...how will I spend my first weekend of FREEDOM???

  • Even though I'm technically done with all academic work, I still have responsibilities for our Student Nurses Association. Monday and Tuesday of next week we've got our three Q&A events for the new admits. I've been so busy with tests and final exam studying that I haven't been able to get much done on the Q&A front. So I desperately need to spend some focused time on that (schedule, people, food, handouts, door prizes, etc.).
  • My nephew emailed me yesterday and requested my help with a school project (related to my missionary adventures in Liberia). So I need to sit down and thoughtfully answer all his questions!
  • I volunteered to help a friend do some interior painting tomorrow, but I'm afraid that with the shoulder/scapula/neck pain that I developed this week, that it'd be foolish to attempt painting at this point. Boo.
  • My office awaits my attention, but it's unlikely I will get to it this weekend. Since clinicals have been over for a few weeks, I haven't spent much time in here. The floor is littered with clinical paperwork which needs to get organized and filed away. Why? I'm not sure. And I need to organize this semester's notes and study guides and tuck them away in a binder and put them on the shelf. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe one day I'll find myself teaching and I'll be interested in going back and looking at them.

    I'll definitely be hanging on to my textbooks for a while, as they'll be good references in the coming months as I study for NCLEX and start work. Some more helpful than others. Nursing textbooks have limited life spans as medical info does change (unlike history).

Next week has pretty much filled up too. 

Monday: Office cleaning and Q&A #1 (evening)
Tuesday: Q&A #2 & #3 (morning/afternoon) & birthday TBD
Wednesday: Cooking and filling freezer!?
Thursday: Pinning rehearsal & lunch with nursing school friends.
Friday: Pinning & family dinner



No comments:

Post a Comment