Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Clinical Countdown...

While working on my working care plan for my assigned patient tomorrow, I realized that after today, I will only have ONE more full care plan to do this semester! Next Wednesday is supposed to be our last clinical day, however the faculty have yet to notify us if there's need for us to make up a clinical day that was cancelled earlier this semester. Would be nice if they could tell us before next week. :)  But if we do have to make it up, it will be next Friday --and it won't require us doing another care plan...woot!  

Once clinicals are over, I will have three days/week of my life back! No more all day patient prep (care plans) on Tuesdays and no more waking at 0415 on Wed/Fri.  I will definitely need those 3 "extra" days a week to start preparing for final exams. Plus there will certainly be things I have to do to prepare for my trip to Haiti (doctor's appointments, running errands etc...).

I am involved with helping with the funeral for the young man in our church b/c the worship staff are in St Louis this week putting on a conference for Bifrost Arts. There was need for someone to step in and coordinate the A/V needs so I volunteered. Thankfully I spent many of the past dozen years assisting with funeral details and A/V stuff at my church, so while it requires time, it's not a big stressor. This is something I CAN do in the midst of this tragedy to support the family and my church family. Thankfully the service is on Thursday (my day off from classes/clinicals). I will lose a significant chunk of reading time though and I also have a HUGE clinical write up due on Friday (and it's probably 60% done at this point) and I've got LOTS of readings to do before Sunday/Monday deadlines. So I may not be getting much sleep this week. I'm very grateful that my hormones are back in line this week and the Haiti craziness of paperwork and tickets was completed last week!

Better get back to work...I want to get to bed at a decent hour tonight. It seems earlier than it is...thanks to Daylight Savings Time.

Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment