Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Woots!

EPIC training only took 2 hours, kinda a waste for a clinical day. Wonder if we're gonna have to make up clinical hours later? Hmm?

But since EPIC training got out early, I decided to go ahead and take my Pharm exam this afternoon so that I can spend tomorrow studying for the test on Monday. Got a B+ and am very happy with that. Could have done much worse...and doubt I'd have done much better tomorrow if I had waited. So overall, a good decision to take it early. Plus, now I've got all tomorrow to study for my Med-Surg test on Monday.

I was a little discouraged when initial pricing for ticket to Haiti was over $1,000 with the missionary travel agency that my team is using. I checked Travelocity and price was about $175 less...then called RAPTIM, another missionary/humanitarian travel agency (which I used 2x for Liberia and LOVED them) and they priced me $678 with everything but travel insurance ($33). Which is $337 cheaper than original quotes! woohoo!  My organization is totally fine with me purchasing my ticket separately--which is awesome! I just had to have specific flights in/out of Haiti so that the team will all arrive/depart together. I have crazy departure (early) /arrival (late) times for my originating flights. AND I think I'll have an 9.5 hour layover in Miami on the way home (ack!).  But that's largely due to lack of flights between Miami and DC. At least I can fly in/out of DC (where my sister lives) and not out of Richmond or BWI. Too bad I don't know anyone in Miami!

So good news over all! :D  WOOT!

Well, storms are a comin' so I better finish this up before the power goes out! haha.








No comments:

Post a Comment