Sunday, March 20, 2011

Covers the Gamut

I've started this post like 4x. Rather than trying for a 5th, I think I shall bullet point what's in my head. Cuz nothing really ties together into logical paragraphs.

  • SOSI therapy after church today to celebrate the arrival of spring (at 7:21 pm this evening). Got a few pics of Flat Stanley up at the new Monticello visitor's center--or I think that's what it is. Gift shop, a cafĂ©, etc... Lovely place. Even ran into another Flat Stanley. Yep, got a picture of both Flat Stanley's with Thomas Jefferson.
  • Came home and planted six 6-pks of pansies. Yellow, lavender, purple. Kind of a lot of plants for a 20x30 planter around the mailbox. Well, at least the deer will be well-fed.
  • Totally unmotivated to sit down and do my readings for lecture tomorrow. Yes, Spring Break officially ends today. Boo Hoo. I hope the next six weeks fly by. 
  • This Lent business is hard work. Not sure if it's my withdrawal from things I love, or if I'm under spiritual attack or if it's just annoying hormones. Feeling a bit depressed, frustrated, perplexed, fearful, annoyed, stubborn, insecure, fatigued, pessimistic, misunderstood. IRRITABLE!!!
  • On the subject of hormones...I think my estrogen/progesterone are in cahoots to make me as miserable as possible. I've been dealing with standard PMS symptoms for the past 8 days and yet the calendar says it's not going to end for another 7-8 days. Wha???? 16 days of PMS symptoms? You've got to be kidding me. I'm a regular Rachel, a normal Naomi... what's going on????  Okay, I've had enough. Really. Dear body, I'm NOT pregnant--so let's just get this over with already! No wonder I am so tired, irritable and generally feel like crap! And it's days like this when I think...I'm 36, almost 37, if I were to get pregnant I'd be considered a "geriatric pregnancy"! How affirming. 
  • You get a special bullet point for my apology for turning this into a hormonal post. I'm sorry. If you don't come back to read, I'll understand. 
  • Okay, this has been BUGGING me for months, and it has been the topic of conversations with another blogger friend of mine. One of you, is a very faithful reader. Faithful in a stalkerish sort of way. I'm not sure if I should feel flattered or scared. Here's what I know about you: you visits multiple times a day, almost every day of the week (for months now!) at a variety of times a day with the same IP address. Either you work from home, or are unemployed/student, or work part-time. I can't figure out any other scenario where you'd be using same IP address all day long. I could put your IP address here, but I'll refrain. I know you browse with Safari 5.0 on a MacOSXwith a screen resolution of 1280x800. Oh, and you use Embarq or CenturyLink for your service. The city connected with the IP address is within Virginia, but the city name has changed a few times (so I think the geolocator data is flawed). I think it started out as Charlottesville. It is now listed as Stuart, VA or Ferrum, VA, but I have my doubts. I have avoided calling you out on this for a long time now, but seeing as I'm hormonal and not in my right mind, I figure now is the time. If you know me...would you drop me an email? If you don't know me, would you be so bold as to drop me an email, if I haven't royally offended or embarrassed you? Send to findingjoy482 via Gmail. I honestly am just curious what interests you about my blog that you frequent it so often.  Sorry if I ruined this visit for you. I promise that if you contact me...I will remove this bullet from my blog.
  • ANYWHOO...lesson to everyone (and I mean EVERYONE, wink) your visits to ANY website leave semi-identifiable trails behind. Kinda freaky that I can find that much information about a visitor to my blog eh? I'm no genius, I just use StatCounter.com  It's awesome!
So now that I've virtually wiped my readership to zero, I will bid you all a happy spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment