Monday, June 4, 2012

It's a Process

Part one of the interview process went well this morning. I was impressed with how organized and informational it was and I'm still very hopeful to be invited to join their nursing team. I'm also impressed with their orientation process for new grads and what they offer. Next up includes shadowing and an interview with the nurse manager for the unit I'm interested in. We did discuss start date options and I chose second week in July. At this point I have gone ahead and scheduled my NCLEX exam for first week of July. Now to decide if I'm going to get up at 6am and drive to Richmond or if I'll just get a hotel (or maybe I know someone who will let me crash at their place overnight?). I can still reschedule my test up to 24 hours before hand...which is REALLY nice circumstances change.

So I guess this means NCLEX studying/review begins in earnest tonight!?!

My closest friends from nursing school are taking Kaplan (live) this week in Richmond. I'm thinking about driving down tomorrow night to join them for dinner. Will be good to catch up in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment