Wednesday, April 25, 2012

NCLEX Strategy : Kaplan dates set

I got an email today from the Kaplan rep (for our school) and they are offering an on-campus version of the Live Review course. They are offering it the week after graduation, but it overlaps with my trip to Ohio. I didn't want to do the in-classroom review anyways, so I've sent them my preferred online course dates. So it looks like I will be busy the week after Memorial Day (Tues-Fri) spending every afternoon (12-7pm) online with Kaplan.

So it really looks like I will have about a week between Ohio and the Kaplan Course to sit down and make a study plan for the NCLEX and to get anything else out of the way (house cleaned, oil changed, seeds planted) because it looks like I will be entering NCLEX world as soon as I complete the Kaplan course. Still wondering if I want to push for an early July NCLEX date- which will give me about 3-4 weeks of self-study. Well, I've got a few weeks here to think about it. I can't sign up for NCLEX date until the VA Board of Nursing processes my paperwork--which is basically waiting on my school to send official transcripts/degree information.

Oh, I got my LaCharity PDA book in the mail from Amazon today and what a huge relief to discover that it's only 155 pages! That's compared to the Saunders Book which is 1200 pages!!!  I also got the Saunders Q&A cards in the mail... the margins aren't ideal for hole punching, but I'm going to try!

Okay, back to studying for OB test.


No comments:

Post a Comment