Friday, April 13, 2012

So close...

Today was our last lecture day for Peds. Next week is our last Peds test and our last OB lecture (online). The week after we have our last OB test...and then finals the first week of May! Woot!

...and I just picked up invites for the pinning ceremony!

In addition to taking tests and finals, I'm also in the midst of planning Q&A events (3) that will be hosted by our student nurses association for the newly admitted nursing students (they all find out this coming Monday!). We chose the Monday/Tuesday before pinning/graduation as our classes and exams will all be done -  but everyone will still be in town. So I'll be spending my middle-of-the-week birthday putting on two Q&A events. Not too sad about it--as I'll be surrounded by people and involved with something that makes me happy (even if they won't know it's my birthday) and I'll also be with family the following weekend for pinning! :D

I'm already wondering what summer is going to look like. The priority will certainly entail studying for and PASSING the NCLEX exam (this is the RN board exam for those of you not familiar).  And it may entail applying for jobs--if I haven't secured one yet. I'm planning on a short trip to Ohio right after graduation to see my sister and her family. And until I have my license and job, I'll probably continue the part-time jobs that I have. Maybe even add a day or two if they need me. I'll need the income! I'm debating taking a statistics class that will be required for entry into a BSN/MSN program. I need to do some further investigation on where I want to complete my BSN and possibly what other classes I should be considering (Chem I & II???).

But I'm also now free to think about fun stuff... sewing projects and refinishing furniture, reconnecting with friends and planning outings like camping or trips to DC. And then there is also that marathon-before-forty goal I have (I'm turning 38 in a few weeks). Probably need to pick a race, read a marathon book or two and make a training schedule. I'm also looking forward to being more regular at the gym. I've kept going this semester, but my work and school schedules made it more challenging to get there more than 1-2 days/week.

But now that I look at the stuff I'm thinking about doing this summer... all of a sudden I'm realizing that I'm not going to be bored. I might be just as busy! eek.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment