Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Semester Three Clinicals Wrapping Up

The end is near. Very near. Last clinical day for this semester is tomorrow. Today I will spend my afternoon/evening writing up my working care plan for my patient. I am really hoping to get some solid sleep tonight.

Funny story, in the wee hours of the morning we had some pretty big storms, enough to wake me up and disorient me. I fell back asleep only to have my alarms go off (I have two) at 6:30ish. On days like this when I don't have a specific time to be at the hospital, I take full advantage of the snooze button. At this point I'd been snoozing for about 15 minutes (3-5 minute cycles) and then I awoke at 0655 and almost panicked thinking it was Wednesday (clinical day) and I was late, VERY late, with no way possible to redeem it. I thought, you've got to be kidding me, my LAST clinical day and I'm going to screw it up and have to come back on Friday??? I took a deep breath and I guess the oxygen kicked in and I realized that no, tomorrow is clinical. Whew. Well, needless to say, I was relieved and then proceeded to snooze for about another 10 cycles (yeh, it's a problem).

Well, if I don't want to be up until midnight working on my CP's, I better get off here and venture to the hospital.

Oh, one more thing. I discovered recently that the Nurse Manager for my unit is a new member at my church. Haven't officially met him yet. Then this past Sunday at church I bumped into one of the physical/occupational therapists (not sure which) from my unit and introduced myself. My church is big...so it's no surprise that it's taken me this long to notice these folks.

Okay... gotta go.








No comments:

Post a Comment