Friday, April 22, 2011

SansBug update

My Sansbug "bug tent" arrived today. It's nice and spacious. But now I am wondering if it really will be acceptable for carry-on with American Airlines! uh oh. It might be that I read that the smallest SansBug tent is okay for carry-on. Sigh.

 Here it is in "compact" mode next to my rolling book bag (which is basically a carry-on size bag!)  It's 31" in diameter...
Here it is set up in my den with my twin-size air mattress. It is on the spacious side - no risk of claustrophobia!






I really like it. It is FAST (um, 2 seconds) to set up (haven't yet tried putting it away). But I think it's going to be too big as a carry-on. The smaller one is 26", but sold out. That's why I bought this one. And it's such a good price. I'm pretty sure whatever else I find will be more expensive. Bleh. What a headache. Now I'm back to having to figure this out. Do I take this to local airport for their input? Do I return this and start looking again and trying to find one that will accommodate my twin-size air mattress. Ack. This is not what I need right now. Really.  I'd really like to keep this and use it. Now, if there was a way to fit this in a large suitcase...then MAYBE I can force this to work. I guess I need to call my parents and ask them to bring me my large suitcase tonight when I see them (although I had not planned on taking it). Hmm?

Well, I'll report back..hopefully with better news.

No comments:

Post a Comment