Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Bug Tent

I'd basically given up on finding the exact "bug tent" (mosquito-free sleep zone) that I was looking for. I had searched online for a hour or so back when I signed on to the trip, but didn't make any decisions b/c I wasn't thrilled with what I was finding.

My desire was to find a tent that would be MOSTLY netting or screen (not solid) and be large enough to allow me to have an inflatable mattress inside if I wanted. Oh, and I didn't want to break the bank on it either (poor nursing student). So I waited a bit and then yesterday I did another search and I found this beauty:

This is a SANSBUG tent. I was planning to get the 1-person but they were sold out...so I ordered the 2-person size and I think I will enjoy the extra room--plus I will be nice to come back and use again with friends (watching fireworks maybe?)  There's no privacy as it's ALL netting--so NOT the best option for camping! haha...oh and the rain that is always inevitable with camping would come right in. LOL.

I'm really excited about this find. It was even on sale at the SansBug website for $36.95 (rather than 52.95) and while the shipping is ridiculous (coming from Ontario), I only ended up paying $56 total. Much below anything I was looking at earlier!

Because I got the mid-size model (2 person), any twin size air mattress would definitely work! Which means I can get a cheapy Wal-Mart one because I don't have to get one less than 33" with the other bug tents available. Originally I thought I was going to have to go with the  Travel Tent, but it didn't meet all my hopes...so I'm glad I waited and found the SansBug. I think you'll agree that the SansBug definitely has the Travel Tent beat in the CUTE-ness category!

The other really cool thing about this tent is that it is quick to set up and quick to put away! It folds down to a 31" disk (easy for carry-on)...



What a find! I'll have to report back on it when I get back from Haiti!

Okay, well now I can cross this off my Haiti To-Do list. Whew. When this arrives I'll go buy my air mattress and then set it up in my living room and try to sleep on it for a couple nights to get use to it. I'm also taking a battery-operated fan which I will have to figure out how to string up too. I think SansBug could totally create some "extras" to give this tent even more marketability.

No comments:

Post a Comment