Saturday, April 23, 2011

This Time, it's an Amberjack

Okay, just purchased another mosquito tent. This one is going to require a bit more setup (no one-second set-up like the SansBug).  Got free shipping, so roughly the same price as what I paid for the other one (with shipping). It says it will easily fit in carry-on luggage.  I should be able to fit my air mattress inside according to the dimensions...but I might have to blow it up inside, rather than blowing it up and then moving it inside. The Sansbug tent easily allowed me to negotiate a blow-up twin size mattress through it's zippered door.

I really DO hate this down to the wire business. Hate it. It's my fault for not further researching carry-on size restrictions...and paying attention to the flat size of the SansBug double tent. I just remembered reading "somewhere" that it would fit in overhead storage area...I definitely was reading about the smaller size. Sigh. I know the single would've be just fine. Hopefully the new one will arrive before I leave for Haiti!!! And it would be really nice if it arrived early enough for me to treat it with Permethrin to make it extra-offensive to mosquitoes. My team leaders are suggesting we treat all our clothes with Permethrin. I really hate that...but suppose that makes sense since as we may still be running the clinic when the mosquitoes come out in the evenings (or in the early mornings too, I guess). When I was in Liberia, and I was going to be out after dusk, I would just use bug spray...but since we also don't know how mosquito-proof the house where we'll be stay is...I guess this makes sense. We won't know a lot until we get there. So we've got to be prepared. :D

The next thing to do is to initiate returning the SansBug tent. I really wish I could keep it...it's so cool. But reality is that I can't afford something I can't really haul around the world. Hopefully the SansBug people will be helpful and honor their satisfaction guarantee/return policy. If not... haha, I've got a blog and I'm not afraid to use it (or threaten them with it). Heck, I think they've got a great product, it's just unfortunate that they are out of the smaller size.

Well, Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment