Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pharm is Phinished!

Took my Pharmacology final exam this afternoon. Got an A, which I'm very pleased with. Not sure what I'll earn for my final grade as I am BORDERLINE and within "rounding up" for an A. There are some extra credit points and an ungraded test question that are the unknowns at the moment. But there is nothing left for me to do about it. It's all in the hands of my instructor. Either way, I know I learned a lot and that's what matters! It would be really nice to earn an A, but I won't be destroyed if I don't.

Yesterday my chiropractor did x-rays and first impressions are that I do have some compression in my lumbar vertebrae resulting in loss of lumbar curve (likely exasperated by years of working desk job, studying with poor posture, poor or uneven core muscle strength). She had suspected this from the physical exam, my complaints and descriptions, but it's good to have films to see for sure.  I LOVE the table she puts me on that has a continuous passive movement of my legs which wonderfully stretches my lower back. I could stay on there ALL DAY! We're also expecting that my pelvis is out of whack in relation to the loss of lumbar curve (rotated or tilted...) All I know is that I've got to get my back better before I can really move ahead with a return to running or in starting full-court press workouts this summer.

She'll examine the films more closely before my next appointment and then talk to me about them next week. I'm really very happy to be adjusted two more times before heading to Haiti!

Well, I'd better get to studying for my Med-Surg Test on Monday.

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment