Monday, April 11, 2011

Next Semester

UPDATE:  Looks like they've modified next fall's lecture schedule...

Tuesday:  Psych Lecture
Thursday: Adv Med/Surg Lecture

We won't know until later this summer which day we'll have WHAT clinical. All we know is clinicals will be on Wednesday and Friday (with patient prep on Tuesday/Thursday), but not sure which day will be Psych and which day will be Med/Surg.

I'm looking forward to our Psych clinical. I think it will be interesting! I kinda hope that I'll end up doing clinicals at the mental hospital over the mountain. A distance to travel, but I'd really like to have a clinical experience beyond our local university hospital. And the other local hospital won't be able to host our clinicals next year because they are MOVING to a new location across town. After this semester of having to deal with change to new medical record software--I am very happy that they won't have us mixed up with the move to a new hospital location. Ack! What a nightmare!  My parent's live over the mountain, so getting assigned to location on other side of the mountain (hour drive from my home) wouldn't be all bad. I could plan to stay at my folk's house the night before clinical which would cut significant travel time (although maybe they'd be a distraction?)

No comments:

Post a Comment